Please find below a list of selected links

The following links to various industry associations, institutes, commissions, tribunals and other entities is provided to assist you in obtaining the correct advice for any physical, technical, financial, regulatory, administrative, procedural or legal query, defect or dispute relating to building and construction. You should seek proper advice and opinion from qualified and experienced practitioners who are experts in their field.

This list is not exhaustive but may well be the correct place to start; should you require further assistance after you have perused this list please make contact.

The Victorian Building Commission (Government regulator)

BACV - Building Advice and Conciliation Victoria (a joint initiative of the Building commission and the Department of Justice/Consumer Victoria (for domestic matters only))

VCAT - Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal:
Domestic Building List, Civil List, Planning and other matters

Supreme Court

County Court

Magistrates Court

Building Development Display Centre (MBAV)

Master Builders Association of Australia

Master Builders Association of Victoria

Australian Building Codes Board

Standards Association (Standards Australia), SAI Global

The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia

The Australian Institute of Building

The Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors

The Australian Institute of Building Surveyors

Royal Australian Institute of Architects

The Law Institute of Victoria

University of Melbourne (Faculty of Architecture, Building & Planning: )

Deakin University

RMIT University

Holmesglen Institute



Should you know any other building and construction related entities that ought be added please advise.